THE DRIVER CPC
If you are a professional bus, coach or lorry driver you must have a Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC).
The Driver CPC qualification
Driver CPC is a qualification for professional bus, coach and lorry drivers. It will:
- Improve your knowledge and skills before you start driving
- Develop your knowledge and skills throughout your working life
- Improve road safety through better qualified drivers
Taking periodic training to keep your Driver CPC
You must do 35 hours of periodic training every five years to keep your Driver CPC
Periodic training involves attending courses on various aspects of professional driving. You must do 35 hours of periodic training every five years to keep your Driver CPC.
What your Driver CPC periodic training will involve
Periodic training is designed to:
- Complement your work
- Be relevant to your everyday job
- Keep you up to date with changes in regulations
There is no test to pass and courses can be practical or classroom based.
Course subjects may include:
- Eco-safe and fuel efficient driving
- Defensive driving techniques
- First aid
- Health and safety
- Drivers’ hours rules
- Using tachographs